x-files_from_fox.com_scully_mulder_2When I posted about all the ways one could view the X-Files, here, I had not yet tried the online experience.

Now I have. And it may very well be the last time I do that. Here's my experiences.

"FOX Now" Roku app: Episode 2 eventually showed up, but when I clicked on it, it asked me to "activate" it from my computer, which I did, then selected my cable provider, which I did. Easy. But when I tried to actually play the episode, it said "Your cable provider account does not give access to this episode", or something like that.

So, on to the computer.

Fox.com: I started this episode, which was okay, but the show is punctuated by several ad interruption points, at which they ask you if you want to listen to the 2:45 full ad, or chose an interactive ad, which only runs for 30 seconds. I took the latter. Eventually it got to a point where the "interactive" player stopped loading. I reloaded the page, restarted my browser, and each time I came back, the show ran slower and more haltingly.

So I quit. I sense that the online listening (via Fox or the app) may very well be intended to be "intrusive as hell".

Guidance: stop watching online, remove the FOX Now app from my Roku, and if I do watch it again, watch it live.

Enough already.