140411_kp_mauna_kea_P1010046_150_36I don't get into all of these calendar-year's end holidays. They're just a series of days which are filled with something that I do not attune to. "Shop shop shop"... "Be sure to get the perfect gift for..." "Happy New Years". And so on.

What about "Happy (Joy-filled) 'This Moment'"?

Right now, and in all of Hawai'i, until about 1-2 AM, there are bombs and fireworks, and loud noises, and it goes on from about 5 PM until 1-2 AM. I'm not in tune with the blasting noises that go on for hours. Right now, my windows are closed, door is closed, and I've been listening to music and videos and shows with headphones on. And I can still hear the noise.

One day, humanity will realize that this moment is all there is, and all this once-a-year "Happy Happy" stuff is a fabricated illusion.

And they'll realize that the joy of living is something that can be experienced only in each moment. Each and every moment. And you don't need a once-a-year celebration day with noise out the wazoo and drinkers drinking alcohol and sometimes drunks driving all over the place, in order to have a "New Year", and to "feel good".

Sorry... more bombs just went off.

So I'm going to stop this and do my dishes, make some coffee, and drive as far away as I can get from all of this noise and enjoy the beautiful clear night sky of Hawai'i... enjoying one New moment at a time... in Peace.

Aloha to all,
Kp