kingdom_of_hawaii_seal_of_the_king_3This was just posted by Ali`i Nui Mō`ī Edmund K. Silva, Jr., at the Kingdom of Hawai`i Blog. It addresses statements that have recently been made at various internet sites about the Ali`i Nui Mō`ī Edmund K. Silva, Jr., Judge Naidu, and the Kingdom of Hawai`i.

[note: "Jean" refers to jhaines6.wordpress.com.]

---------------------------------------------------

Response to Recent Statements on the Internet
by Ali`i Nui Mō`ī Edmund K. Silva, Jr.

Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others... By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves. In that, Criticism and pessimism destroys families and friendships and, undermines institutions of all kinds, defeats nearly everyone, and spreads a shroud of gloom over entire nations.

These past several days the world has experienced adults degrading one another, but to what end? Maya Angelou said: "Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet."

Nothing Jean or anyone has said about me will deter the sacred work before me. Nor will I pursue any civil action against those who have found great pleasure in judging what they don't understand.

What I will respond to is this... Judge Naidu acted alone in his writings regarding the arrest warrants. This was not sanctioned by me nor did I have any knowledge of it till after the fact. In this instant issue, he was not representing the wishes of the kingdom nor its King.

Aloha Ke Akua,
Ali`i Nui Mō`ī Edmund K. Silva, Jr.