Just a short post here. Sitting at Java on the Rock, with scone crumbs on the table, and the doves here pecking them up, coming right up to my cup, and my hand. A great connection. Many who read this today can appreciate our harmony with all of this natural world.

Also next door (at Huggos; usually closed Sunday mornings) is a charity luncheon/breakfast. Seems to fit right in. Bruce said "You may want to sit elsewhere because it may get loud," but I felt in my right place.

There are many here in Kona that live somewhat like the doves. Receiving gifts from others that sustain their bodies. There are several I know who I view as stewards of their non-housed (or "alternatively-housed) spaces. Both here and when I lived in Nanakuli, Oahu, are those who, in many cases, live in harmony with their land and ocean, no rent, just dealing with what comes, one moment at a time.

I can appreciate this from the time when I was living (by choice) in my car, paying no rent, with coolers in back, coffee maker, water boiler in hand, and sleeping under the stars, following Guidance of the Innards. Spirit, that is. This worked even on the high road to Taos, NM, at 0 F!

To me, "Aloha" is the honoring of the "Innards" Spirit, in each and every one, no matter the outward appearance. True charity is the Living of that Aloha, with or without the presentation of anything.

Aloha to all, KP.

~comments open 24 hours~